Shears Bros Transport Ltd is looking for a Night Supervisor to support their local and national freight distribution.
Location: Bournemouth International Airport, Aviation Business Park, 427 Viscount Rd, Christchurch BH23 6NW
Department: Operations - Reporting to the Operations Manager
Outline of the role
To supervise the outbound and inbound overnight distribution of goods and ensure all correspondence relating to operational matters are dealt with in a timely manner and communicated to the operations team. The successful candidate will be responsible for managing all overnight operations whilst on duty and the security of the depot overnight.
- Take control of all freight movements within the warehouse and ensure the next-day freight is handled accordingly
- Manage drivers that are still working on your arrival
- Assist with drivers debrief
- Manage drivers arriving for night shift and liaise with warehouse staff to organise the on-time departures
- Communicate with drivers overnight, dealing with any problems that arise
- Communicate with key personnel within our customer base customer and become a key-contact for them
- Complete daily KPI reports and complete trunking reports
- Deal with any vehicle issue or complications that may arise in a safe and timely manner, informing destinations.
- Plan for each week and communicate plans and processes to your staff
- Create, document and disseminate schedules for live news runs
- General office duties, responding to emails and communications from management
- Ensuring the reporting of any H&S matter
- Manage the team and escalate issues where appropriate