Join our quality Network Team - where you will be paramount in overseeing the smooth and efficient running of the day to day transhipment.
Location: Christchurch, BH23 6NW
Reports to: Network Manager
Working Hours: 50 per week
Job Type: Temporary, Maternity Cover
- Effectively manage costs associated with the increase and decrease in volumes
- Monitor the Network team to ensure their performance meets company standards and time and attendance is monitored accordingly
- Work closely with the traffic planner to ensure all deliveries and collections are planned.
- Cover traffic planners holidays and absences.
- Monitor day to day operations and report any issues to the Network Manager
- Maintain current operational relationships with members of the network ensuring that all problems are resolved in a timely manner
- Ensure compliance with legal and regulatory requirements by drivers and visitors
- Analyse and monitor scanning performance, identifying any problems and taking appropriate action.
- Ensure current security plans are followed, monitored and implement new practices. Overseeing investigations using the CCTV system as and when required
- Provide leadership for the day operations team ensuring all team members know the objectives and purpose for the day to day operations
- To control vehicle and pallet movements in line with set matrix arrival and departures
- Working towards and supporting Company goals, values and objectives
- Ensure the highest level of quality of service is provided to both internal and external stakeholders at all times
- To complete all necessary administration duties
Qualifications and experience needed:
- GCSE (or equivalent) at grades C or above for English and Mathematics
- Experience within palletised freight
- Strong leadership and relationship management skills
- Competent in Microsoft office
- Excellent communication skills
- Full clean UK driving license
Should you be interested in the role please can you send your CV to Paul Bulpitt - Paul.Bulpitt@sbtl.co.uk and HR - email@example.com.
STRICTLY NO AGENCIES PLEASE - We work with a carefully selected set of recruitment agencies, and we are not looking to add to our approved supplier list at this time.