To work as part of a focused development team, designing business sector leading, robust and innovative software solutions that are fit for purpose.
The initial project for the successful applicant will be to aid in the development of Pall-Ex's Core Operational System (COS) and to expedite the system throughout Europe; the project will require the developer to gather requirements, design, code and work with the testing and integration teams to deploy the new offering.
Location: Pall-Ex House, Ellistown Leicestershire LE67 1FH
Reports to: Head of Research & Development
All interviews will be held in accordance with the latest government advice.
Key Duties and Accountabilities:
The below are the key accountabilities as currently defined: they are not listed in priority order and should not be taken to be so. These accountabilities may be subject to periodic review, and the job holder will be expected to take on such variations as are consistent with the level of responsibility and purpose of the post.
- To keep up to date with the latest software development technologies and methodologies that are appropriate to the development of Pall-Ex’s business systems
- To design and build functionality with structure and promote reuse of the codebase
- To deliver code which is well tested and consistently error-free
- To design and build database schemas with integrity and scalability with data access layers that are optimised for performance and security
- To ensure that all software development is country balanced and has therefore considered all European requirements and remains unbiased
Communication and Problem Solving
- To use your experience when reviewing and auditing the legacy code
- To assist in critical support issues
- To contribute regularly to discussions regarding system design and improvements to ensure maximum efficiency across the company Including suggesting technical solutions to problems
- To strive to ensure that processes are adhered to
Company Best Practice
- To stay aware of the latest data protection and security threats and to make sure we mitigate against these risks against known industry standards and ensure that the team/company are aware of these issues
- To ensure your team help your staff develop, a strong understanding of the products, competition, industry, marketing goals and objectives of Pall-Ex and its members and partners
- To proactively drive innovation with new ideas and options made available by new technologies. To ensure yours and your teams’ knowledge of software development within the logistics industry is kept up to date and relevant by networking/researching/reading blogs and news sources.
- Degree/diploma in computer studies
- 3 years of development experience in Web/Client API
- Functional/technical document writing
- Ability to liaise with users (internal and external) to deliver requirements
- Constructively challenge ideas and confidently explain alternatives
- Research/Investigate issue or solutions as an individual. Willing to seek and/or provide assistance within the team
- Have high self-motivation to go over and above the line of duty to ensure that development needs are met in a fast-paced environment.
- Freely share knowledge, insight, best practises and ideas
- Maintain professional integrity at all times as well as applying diplomacy and tactfulness.
- Previous experience working in logistics (within IT and/or operational)
- Technical Knowledge in VB.NET, Microsoft Dynamics NAV Web Services and Telerik Reporting
STRICTLY NO AGENCIES PLEASE - We work with a carefully selected set of recruitment agencies, and we are not looking to add to our approved supplier list at this time.