Come and be part of our leading apprenticeships scheme, join the Pall-Ex Apprenticeship Academy. The Academy offers you the opportunity to develop your career and work alongside a great team, as well as the chance to “earn while you learn”.
Reports to: Operations manager
Overall job purpose
To assist in the re-distribution of palletised freight & general warehouse duties.
In keeping with accepted principles of good working practice, you may be required to undertake additional or alternative duties, as directed by your manager. You are required to carry out the following key duties and accountabilities:
- Ensuring quality of load & transhipment of freight through the hub to its destination whether to place into a bay location or to place on to a waiting vehicle or standing trailer.
- Performing routine pre-inspections to ensure equipment is suitable for use.
- Ensuring the reporting of non-compliance/accidents/near misses/abuse/intimidation etc.
- To provide information and to communicate with customer vehicle drivers, if and when the need arises.
- Ensure reports have been compiled for damaged product/poorly presented vehicle/site damage and equipment damage etc.
- Operate equipment to perform work requirements.
- Ensuring all floor hazards are removed from working areas immediately, i.e. pallet bases, blocks of wood, banding materials, polythene wrap, spills and other discarded items.
- Ability to learn while you work
- Able to adhere to deadlines
- Good time management
- Attention to detail
- Teamwork/ Team player
- English, maths GSCE (or equivalent) D or above.
We have four full-time Monday to Friday options available. You will learn all aspects of warehouse environment gaining different licences for forklift shunter and other industrial equipment and knowledge of health and safety. The successful candidates will have the opportunity to further their career development within Pall-Ex on either the day or the night shift.
No recruiters, unless you are on the Pall-Ex approved supplier list.