Join us at our Owned Operation site in Cranleigh as a General Manager, overseeing all staff and the business to ensure a high level of service to all stakeholders.
Location: Cranleigh Distribution Services Limited, Dunsfold, Cranleigh, Surrey, GU6 8TB
Working hours: 40 hours per week (09:00am - 17:30pm)
- Director of UK Owned Operations
- Finance Team
- HR Team
- Health and Safety Team
- Network Team
- Operations Management Team
- To manage Cranleigh employees and business
- Ensure company and staff, including vehicles, are always legally compliant
- Working towards and supporting the company plan
- Ensure a high-level service to all stakeholders
- Prioritising Health and Safety for all staff and visitors
- Help create an engaged workforce
- Wellbeing and supporting people in challenging times
- Finding solutions and helping others to solve problems in a positive and productive way
- CEO, Directors, Leaders
- Department Heads/Managers
- Business Members
- All employees
- External agencies
- Health and Safety management system
- Policies and procedures
- Company plan booklet
- Manager peer support
- Teams document sharing
Customer Relationships, Service and Delivery
- Timely, professional and accurate response
- Deliver on promises
- Regular communication and updates
- Mutually Beneficial Relationships
Strengths, Skills and Competencies
- Strong integrity, professional and people focused
- Ability to work under pressure
- Ability to work well independently and as part of a team
- Build and maintain strong working relationships
- Confidence to problem solve and make decisions
Key Deliverables and how you capture value
- KPI Outcomes
- Reduction in people or process related issues
- Key customer feedback
Role Specific Responsibilities
- To provide direction and leadership across the business through strategic planning and effective communication.
- To maintain the highest standards of safety and quality whilst demonstrating effective compliance with all legal requirements. Through a process of continuous improvement, will always strive to better the services it provides.
- To comply with the management systems that cover all aspects of the group’s operations.
- To provide a level of service to the network via the hub operations
- To ensure all network members comply with hub requirements
- To deliver the Hub targets and drive forward the improvement plans within agreed budgetary restraints.
- To monitor and evaluate key performance indicators and instigate improvement plans where required.
- To ensure an efficient and professional level of service is provided to all customers within the agreed delivery schedules and meet agreed KPI service levels.
- Liaise and agree all manning levels, recruitment, training, development, and employee relations of all FLT Drivers.
- Effective execution of all delivery procedures to achieve the correct service levels to satisfy customers’ requirements.
- Understand and ensure that you implement and comply with the Company Health & Safety Policies and Procedures.
- Provide a high level of commerciality to ensure company margins are increased and sustained year on year.
- Sales responsibility – work with Sales and Marketing to ensure a strong pipeline of prospects can be evidenced.
- Oversee the Hub operations by effectively planning and directing the team with the aim to meet cost efficiency criteria.
- Work with Senior Management and accounts team to provide yearly budget and reforecast if needed.
- Implement cost savings where applicable and review periodically.