Job Type: Full-time
Hours of work: Monday to Friday (40 hours), night-shift 8pm start
Salary: Competitive rate of pay
Address: Units 1-3, Watling Park, Station Rd, Watford, Northampton NN6 7XY
Please note: This role is for our sister network Fortec and our South Central hub in Northampton.
Forklift driving and warehouse work. Duties will include safe loading and unloading of goods during a busy evening operation, stacking goods, checking loads are secure, stacking empty pallets, accurate picking, performing daily equipment check. Keeping the warehouse clean and tidy.
Key duties and responsibilities:
- Ensuring quality of load & transhipment of freight through the hub to its destination whether to place into a bay location or to place on to a waiting vehicle or standing trailer
- Performing routine pre-inspections to ensure equipment is suitable for use
- Ensuring the reporting of non-compliance/accidents/near misses/abuse/intimidation etc
- To provide information and to communicate with customer vehicle drivers, if and when the need arises
- Ensure reports have been compiled for damaged product/poorly presented vehicle/site damage and equipment damage etc
- Operate equipment to perform work requirements
In keeping with accepted principles of good working practice, as one of PMB's FLT drivers, you may be required to undertake additional or alternative duties as part of your role. These can include the following tasks:
- Provide information and communicate with customer vehicle drivers, if and when the need arises
- Undertake training to keep up-to-date and progress as a Pall-Ex employee
Qualifications and Experience needed
- Hold a valid FLT counter-balance license
- At least 12-18 months experience
- Attention to detail and Health and Safety practices
- Team player
- Good communication skills
- Experience in using scanning equipment would be beneficial
- Previous pallet network experience would be an advantage
- A full clean UK Driving Licence would be an advantage
STRICTLY NO AGENCIES PLEASE We work with a carefully selected set of recruitment agencies, and we are not looking to add to our approved supplier list at this time.
Apply below to be considered for our FLT driver jobs.