Reporting to: Supervisor/Hub Manager
Job Type: Full-time
Salary: Competitive rate of pay, plus a monthly bonus payment based on meeting targets
Fork Lift Truck (FLT) Driver Jobs
Join the beating heart of the logistics industry at our central hub in Ellistown, Leicestershire.
Working within our operations team, you’ll be a key part of the core Pall-Ex central hub. Utilising your FLT driving skills to help us deliver an efficient and reliable service for all of our customers.
As part of our award-winning team of FLT drivers, you are required to carry out the following key duties and responsibilities:
Key duties and responsibilities for our forklift driver jobs:
- Hold a FLT B1Counter Balance Licence Passed within the last 2 years provided by an accredited training body (e.g. RTITB, ITSSAR).
- Ensuring quality of load & transhipment of freight through the hub to its destination whether to place into a bay location or to place on to a waiting vehicle or standing trailer
- Performing routine pre-inspections to ensure equipment is suitable for use and reporting issues.
- To provide information and to professionally communicate with customer vehicle drivers, if and when the need arises
- Ensure damaged product/poorly presented vehicle/site damage and equipment damage etc is reported to the appropriate person or department.
- Operate equipment to perform work requirements and follow all risk assessments & safe systems of work associated.
- Ensuring all floor hazards are removed from working areas immediately, i.e. pallet bases, blocks of wood, banding materials, polythene wrap, spills and other discarded items
In keeping with accepted principles of good working practice, as one of Pall-Ex’s FLT drivers, you may be required to undertake additional or alternative duties as part of your role. These can include the following tasks:
- To use all equipment in a safe and professional manner, using the equipment supplied to unload & load vehicles, inbound or out bound of the site upon request.
- Operate all equipment in line with surroundings and prevailing conditions.
- Ensuring segregation barriers are in place and drivers are at front of vehicle or sitting in the vehicle before attempting to process
- Ensure all freight damages and potential damages are reported to your line manager or the QA department
- Ensure the highest level of quality of service is provided to both internal and external stakeholders at all times.
- Working towards and supporting Company goals, values and objectives.
- To be responsible for the health and safety of yourself and others who may be affected by your acts or omissions including use of corrective PPE equipment
- Help create a positive safety culture and make an effective contribution to the business
Qualifications and Experience needed
- Attention to detail and adhering to Company Health and Safety practices
- Team player
- Good communication skills
- Previous pallet network experience would be an advantage
Should you be interested in the role please can you send your CV to email@example.com and HR@pallex.co.uk
STRICTLY NO AGENCIES PLEASE.
We work with a carefully selected set of recruitment agencies, and we are not looking to add to our approved supplier list at this time.