Reporting to: General/Hub Manager
Job Type: Full-time
Hours of work: Monday to Friday (40 hours), night-shift
Salary: Competitive rate of pay, plus a monthly bonus payment based on meeting targets
Fork Lift Truck (FLT) Driver Jobs
Join the beating heart of the logistics industry at our central hub in Ellistown, Leicestershire.
Working within our operations team, you’ll be a key part of the core Pall-Ex central hub. Utilising your FLT driving skills to help us deliver an efficient and reliable service for all of our customers.
As part of our award-winning team of FLT drivers, you are required to carry out the following key duties and responsibilities:
Key duties and responsibilities for our forklift driver jobs:
- Transhipment of freight through the hub to its destination, whether to place into a bay location or onto a waiting vehicle or standing trailer
- Perform routine pre-inspections to ensure equipment is suitable for use
- Compile reports for damaged products, poorly presented vehicles, site damage, equipment damage, etc
- Remove floor hazards from working areas immediately, e.g. pallet bases, blocks of wood, banding materials, polythene wrap, spills and other discarded items
- Operate FLT equipment to perform work requirements
- Ensure segregation barriers are in place and drivers are at front of their vehicle or sitting in the vehicle before attempting to process
- Report all freight damages and potential damages to your line manager
- Always provide the highest-quality level of service to internal and external stakeholders
- Be responsible for the health and safety of yourself and others who may be affected by your acts or omissions, including the use of corrective PPE equipment
- Work towards and support company goals, values and objectives
In keeping with accepted principles of good working practice, as one of Pall-Ex’s FLT drivers, you may be required to undertake additional or alternative duties as part of your role. These can include the following tasks:
- Provide information and communicate with customer vehicle drivers, if and when the need arises
- Undertake training to keep up-to-date and progress as a Pall-Ex employee
Qualifications and Experience needed
- Hold a valid FLT B1 Counter Balance RTITB Licence
- At least 12-18 months experience
- Attention to detail and Health and Safety practices
- Team player
- Good communication skills
- Previous pallet network experience would be an advantage
STRICTLY NO AGENCIES PLEASE.
We work with a carefully selected set of recruitment agencies, and we are not looking to add to our approved supplier list at this time.
Apply below to be considered for our FLT driver jobs: