To oversee the operational development, management of Pall-Ex's Finance Department implementing an agreed finance strategy from the CFO and Group Board.
The Finance Director (FD) is responsible for efficient timely performance of all day to day financial transactions and maintaining records to ensure accurate statutory and management reporting, both formal and informal.
The short, medium and long term financial and management strategy will support the organisation’s market-leading history and future aspirations.
The role requires experience and wide-ranging financial management from simple accounting to banking operations. Leadership, time management, communication and organisational skills are essential since all other departments in the organisation will be affected by the financial leadership.
The role requires a ‘hands-on’ consultative approach, excellent management and project leadership skills as well as sound technical accounting knowledge and accounting system structures.
Location: Pall-Ex House, Ellistown Leicestershire LE67 1FH
Key Duties and Accountabilities
You are required to carry out the following key duties and accountabilities:
All commercial aspects involved with the evaluation and implementation of new products and services to evaluate business financial risks.
- Understand the operational requirements set by the organisation and interpret the subsequent financial needs
- Representation of Finance expertise in support of the organisation in the development and retention of business
- To act as the company’s no.2 finance executive making representation to the UK and other operating boards when appropriate, demonstrating a broad commercial and financial knowledge
- To develop the businesses financial solutions as a whole, setting of company targets, objectives and initiatives, whilst supporting and aiding the design and development of the overall core business plan
- Ensure cash flow management is appropriate for the organisation's operational requirements
- Work closely with the CTO to ensure that the IT provisions and strategy fully support the requirements of the finance team
- Ensure the appropriate supervision, direction and development of all subordinate staff in the finance team
- Drive the company’s financial planning ensuring the production of timely and reliable forecasting reports
- Manage the relationship between outsourced and retained finance functions (where and when relevant), working in partnership with the key suppliers to seek efficiencies and service improvements
- Manage and monitor the financial budget and performance levels of both internal and external services in line with management SLAs
- Develop and continuously improve Finance as a centre of excellence identifying training needs resource and budget requirements for the department
- Ensure rigorous compliance with legal requirements and company policies
- Deputise for the CFO, as required
- In keeping with accepted principles of good working practice, you may be required to undertake additional or alternative duties, as directed by your line-manager
- All weekly/monthly financial reports.
- Departmental cost controls through detailed budgets and resource planning
- Delivery of financial projects within timescale and to budget departmental objectives
- Working towards and supporting company goals, values and objectives
- Ensure the highest level of quality of service is provided to both internal and external stakeholders at all times, in line with agreed budget and resource limits
- Ensure company observance to ISO9001:2015, health and safety and environmental management control responsibilities
- The effective management of all vendor/banking and audit relationships
- To complete all necessary administration duties
- Strong leadership, diplomacy and mentoring skills
- Proficient in MS Office and financial management software
- Excellent communication and organisational skills
- An analytical mind, comfortable with numbers
- Demonstrable delivery of competing stakeholder demands including the ability to prioritise development requirements for the benefit of the business.
- Strong project management, documentation and deep understanding of the latest technologies and how to adapt these to provide world-class services, in line with agreed budget and resource limits
- Ability to work in a collaborative group involving all aspects of the business (internal departments, external partners and non-UK businesses)
- A pragmatic and hands-on approach
- An ability to implement efficient structures and working processes in a fast-moving environment
- Experience of change management in a complex business environment
- Experience of transactional businesses
- Worked within the Logistics sector
- Associate or Fellowship membership of one of the Accounting Institutes, BSc in Accounting or MBA
- Team building and management
- Full UK Driving Licence
STRICTLY NO AGENCIES PLEASE - We work with a carefully selected set of recruitment agencies, and we are not looking to add to our approved supplier list at this time.
If you are interested in joining Pall-Ex, please email your CV and a covering letter to firstname.lastname@example.org.