Prohibited and Restricted Items for Palletised Freight
When it comes to haulage, we are proud to be able to transport many items safely, securely and quickly to your destination through our member network and quality services. However, some items are prohibited for transport through Pall-Ex. This is often due to UK and EU law.
- Aerosols or any compressed gases
- Animal furs
- Articles of ‘exceptional value’ (Such as artwork, antiques, precious stones or gold)
- Corrosive substances
- Engines, car batteries and other automotive parts
- Fire Extinguishers
- Flammable gases
- Flammable liquids and solids
- Hot tubs
- Human remains and human body parts
- Livestock or any living creatures
- Organic peroxides, such as hair bleach
- Perishable goods, including fresh food
- Pornographic materials
- Prescribed medicines
- Radioactive materials
- Weapons, including guns (including paintball guns and air rifles), swords and knives
Alcohol and Tobacco Regulations
There are regulations in place for shipping alcohol and tobacco products in Europe: When transporting alcohol, you must include the volume, sizes and exact alcoholic strength of the liquid in the bottles. When transporting tobacco, you need to verify with the customs office of each country you enter. It is important to put together an exact inventory to keep a record of your items when transporting alcohol and tobacco.
Contact Us For More Information
If you are not sure if your pallet can be transported on our freight network, you can contact us with any questions and our experts can give you clarification.